HIGHLIGHTS AND FACTS
• Qualified outside the top-three for the first time this year in P12
• Made progress in the Feature Race to collect a top-ten finish
• In the Sprint Race, Callum was hit from the rear by another driver, forcing him into a DNF
• Callum slips down to 2nd in the Drivers' Championship
• Back-to-back race weekends sees the series move onto Monza, Italy, this weekend
CALLUM'S WEEKEND REVIEW
"Overall, a tough weekend for me and one I will be looking to bounce back from as quickly as possible. I struggled with the car in qualifying and simply didn't have the pace to be in the fight for pole, which was a massive shame as qualifying had been really strong all year.
In the Feature Race, we managed to make some progress forward into the top-ten and collect a point but still had had a few issues that were stopping us from having the pace we've displayed in previous rounds.
For Sunday, we made a lot of changes to the car and I was confident we had got the setup right. After getting a good start and making my way forward, I found myself in the thick of all the action. I didn’t really know where to place myself as there were cars coming from all angles, both on and off the track! Next thing I know, I was tagged from the behind before the run down to Rivage. This sent me into a spin and that was my race and weekend over.
Fortunately, we have back-to-back race weekends and we can make an amends for it in Monza, which is a track I really enjoy and where I got my first F2 pole position last year. I'm feeling confident and determined to get back in the lead of the championship standings."
Photo credit: Formula Motorsport Limited